Change and How to Deal with It
Managers traditionally have had the task of contributing to the effectiveness of their organization while maintaining high morale. Today, these roles often have to be balanced off with the reality of implementing changes imposed by senior management. Managers who have an understanding of the dynamics of change are better equipped to analyze the factors at play in their own particular circumstances and to adopt practical strategies to deal with resistance. This one-day workshop will help you deal with change and will give you strategies to bring back to your employees.
- Introduction and Course Overview
- What is Change?
- The Change Cycle
- Who Moved My Cheese?
- Pre-Assignment Discussion
- Relating to the Characters
- Hem and Haw’s Journey of Loss
- The Pace of Change
- The Trend of Change
- Case Study: Getting More from the Last Hour
- The Pyramid Response to Change
- A Four Room Apartment
- Dealing with Resistance
- Strategies for Dealing with Change
- Managing Anger
- The Five Dimensions
- Dealing with the Anger of Others
- Managing Stress