This advanced writing skills workshop is for those who already are good writers. Our time will be devoted to writing letters of recommendation, of persuasion, of refusal or of action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats. You can also become more skilled at writing business cases, proposals and reports and learn a bit more about e-mail etiquette.
- Revisit the rules of good grammar and clear communication.
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
- Develop effective business letters for tough situations.
- Discuss e-mail etiquette.
- Develop an appropriate writing style and format for your letters, business cases and reports.
- Recognize standard ways of documenting materials.
- Apply these skills in real work applications.
Introductions and Course Overview
Top Ten Writing Challenges
The Three C’s
Grammar and Writing Mechanics
Seven Ways to Simplify your Writing
More on Paragraphs
Parts of a Business Letter
Dealing with Specific Requests
Requests for information
Letters of Reference (Recommendation)
Letters of Refusal
Letters of Persuasion
Requests for Proposals
Personal Action Plan