Coaching: A Leadership Skill
Coach, Role Model, Counselor, Supporter, Guide…do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being a role model, sometimes a counselor or supporter, and always a guide. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Knowing how and when to coach is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization. This one-day workshop will help you become a better coach in all senses of the word.
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Defining Coaching
- Two Schools
- Why and What?
- Coaching Skills
- Pre-Assignment: Coaching Assessment
- Interpersonal Communication
- What are Communication Skills?
o Where Can I Improve?
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Self-Disclosure (Johari Windows)
- Five Critical Coaching Skills
- More on Communication
- Learning Styles and Learning Principles
- Benefits/Consequences Matrix
- Skills Involved in Coaching
- The Coaching Model
- Coaching Problems