Finance for Non Financial Managers
Everyone needs to manage their finances effectively, be it at work, at home or in social environments. The way in which you deal with the finances entrusted to you can have a profound effect on your business and its ultimate success. Each of us has the ability to improve the way we manage and understand our finances and the impact this has on us.
This course introduces you to the concepts of finance, the interpretation of key financial statements, project finance, justification, budgeting, capital and operational expenditure.
- Learn about the principles of financial management
- Read and interpret financial statements.
- An introduction to ratios.
- An introduction to budgeting.
- Project budgeting and finance.
- Learn basic techniques of financial management.
- Labour costing
- Structure and interpretation of financial statements
- Ratio analysis
- Debits and credits
- Project finance
o Capital and operational expenditure
o Justification and prioritisation – ROI, ROE and COO
o Accumulation of project costs
o Approval, control and authorisation
o Labour and material costing
o Different approaches
o Reporting against budgets
o Project budgeting
o Estimating techniques